AD SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
NO BLIND ADS. Information must include name, city & state/province. E-mail address only does not suffice. Applies to all standard & commercial advertisers.
- For best results please e-mail high resolution jpgs (300 dpi or higher).
- NO Images taken off web sites please.
- Please DO NOT place your images in a Microsoft Word Document.
- We can use original photos of any size. They can be enlarged or reduced as needed or cropped.
- NO inkjet printouts of photos, please.
- Please DO NOT glue, tape or staple your photos to your ad layout.
- Please DO NOT markup the original photo with marks for cropping.
- Your original photos will be returned after the publication has mailed.
- Make sure all photos, logos and clip art are of the best quality.
- Please ensure photographers permission has been gained for the use of the photo and they are credited on the photo or ad.
- Unaltered photos are perferred. Our design department can help with your photo editing requests.
- If you are providing a finished “ready-to-go” ad, it must be to our EXACT specifications found on this page.
- Our preferred accepted file format is high resolution pdf, tiff or jpg files.
- Files must be CMYK or grayscale, 300 dpi.
- We CAN NOT use Microsoft Publisher files, Such layouts are incompatible with our system and need to be reset.
- Ads will run as they are provided, however DHJ may alter ads not created to fit our specs/templates.
- “Ready-to-go” Ads may be submitted via e-mail or request our FTP information.
- Always follow up with a phone call to be sure that we received your files and that they are useable/correct.
Full Page Ads
- Live area 7.33”w x 9.5”h (text is safe within these measurements).
- Trim size 8”w x 10.75”h. Add 1/8” (.125”) bleeds to all sides.
- Please, no text .65” from bottom of page (trim), to make room for DHJ folio.